Week 1 – Planning

What is the Current Plan?

To be able to have an understanding and improve greatly in Digital Art.

Why?

I plan to do this because I have spent a great deal of money trying to start on digital art, only to lose interest over time. I want to use those resources that I have on hand so that I don’t feel as though I am wasting them. Digital Art interests me as it is a very versatile platform. There are many apps that can perform good actions and lots of equipment on the market that can be used to make masterpieces. It is eco-friendly to not “waste” paper, and the equipment is very little compared to other traditional art pieces.

Background Knowledge

I have a very long history with traditional art, throughout elementary I have always been trying to improve my art styles, mainly using pencil. It wasn’t until Grade 6, when I was in online school due to covid, that I actually took much interest in art. I improved greatly through the use of pencil during December 2020, and then took a few lessons of which let me try many different kinds of mediums. I often enjoy working with pencil and watercolor, though oil paint and pencil crayon aren’t bad either. It was also in December 2020 when I thought I’d give digital art a try. I was able to purchase an apple pencil and an iPad, which soon on, I realized, I should’ve bought one with more space. I tried to use the apple pencil through a cheap app called Procreate all through Grade 6, but essentially gave up on it when I returned back to school in 2021.

What Materials are Needed?

Some materials needed include my iPad, apple pencil, and Procreate. I will also use a photo album to transfer and save artworks. Time is also a crucial material needed.

Do I need help?

Yes, but I will see what I need help with first. Art is more of a personal journey, as a slow learner, I confirm that.

The Steps it Takes

Some steps that I have to achieve is to be able to understand how to work Procreate. I am not familiar with all the functions included in the program, and will need to take time to understand it. Other steps would be to have a knowledge of the different brushes included in the program. Since I do not intend to spend any more money ($110 as of now), I will use the default Procreate brushes. I will also need to improve my observational skills (looking at the image and then copying it down). I am not sure what else I will need to learn, but I will figure it out as I go.

If I Reach my Goal, what will it look like?

If I reach my goal, I will want to have a good amount of digital art level. I want to look at my paintings and be fairly happy with the end result. Since I have gone through this process but with traditional art, I am aware that 3-4 months will not nearly be enough for me to reach advanced skills. I will only be around intermediate level (hopefully). That is because it took me around 1 1/2 years to actually get to a art level that I am happy with. I am at a disadvantage with my busy schedule and impatience.

Conclusion

I am still interested in progressing my relationship with digital art and I am certain that I will be able to create many beautiful artworks through it. I am willing to try and pick up my pencil again, to start drawing once more.

Be First to Comment