Week 4 – Expert replies and a slight change of plan

Let’s first talk about the slight change of plans of my genius hour… I find myself procrastinating too much (and there seems to be no effective way to show that) so I think it would be best if I redirect my genius hour to only working on study methods. That way, I can accurately gather information (which would be displayed on my test grades, etc.) and I think this will motivate me to actually do something during genius hour every week.

Now, onto the fun stuff. One of the people I contacted, my friend, Marten, replied with some ideas that may be useful to me! Here’s what he said:

So now, I shall try some study methods that he mentioned such as:

• Reviewing
  • Blurting
  • Flashcards
  • Quizlet
  • Reviewing harder material

It just so happens that we have a science test in a week, and since I’m very busy the test week, I will be trying out of study methods this week to see how it ends up. I’m also going to start a google sheets to start recording my test scores (so I can see where I started and where I ended up). I’m not sure if I want to post it publicly, so if you’d like to see it, just comment or contact me.

Now, since it’s way too early to study, I’m going to try to find more experts to contact and also start the google sheets with my most recent grade. (I’m doing this because recently, my grades have dropped quite a bit so I will have something to compare my progress with).

Candles 🙂

I LOVE candles, and I’ve seen this thing where people study until the candle runs out. I’m definitely gonna try that sometime next month.

Published inGenius HourTime Management

Be First to Comment