Week 10 – Experts and Help

Last week, after Genius Hour, I had a moment to ask Ms. Serfozo if she could introduce me to some talented artists in the area. She had a list of a few people I could contact, but she couldn’t find the list so she told me to wait until this week. Unfortunately, I’m afraid she may have forgotten as yesterday, when we had a double-block of art, she didn’t approach me. I am a bit confused as to if I have to take a lesson, which I think would be wasting time and effort for the artist and I. I think the best form of communication for me would probably be through email. I will ask some questions about art to the artist. Since my project has a very broad goal, I don’t really know what to ask. Some questions aren’t good as you can search it on the internet, and this isn’t a interview either. I think this project was extremely self-led so it doesn’t really make sense to ask an expert. I shall brainstorm some questions on the spot:

• What kind of watercolour paper do you use? What paper would you recommend for beginners?
  • What’s your most favourite form of art?
  • What are your thoughts on watercolour?
  • Would you recommend watercolour as an art medium for students/beginners? If not, why?
  • What kinds of watercolour materials would you recommend for intermediates? Any particular brands?

I feel like a lot of these questions are super mainstream and are a waste of the artist’s time. Consultation with a friend can help make them better.

Final Project

Last week, I worked on a little bit of my final project. Unlike what I did for most of the year, which was watercolour, my base was acrylic. I really needed to use up all my acrylic because it was taking up space. I tried filling up the space that I haven’t painted with acrylic, but ended up making it look super bad. I plan to hot glue some watercolour paper with watercolour on it onto the canvas and to add some 3D aspect to the piece. I want a back-up for if it fails.

The back-up

As I explained next week, I had an idea to make a deck of cards out of watercolour. I feel that it would be an accurate representation on what I learned in the weeks before, and I’m pretty excited about it. Because of it’s small size, it would be great to bring ot school and pass around. I am pretty busy these few weeks because of festival preparations and new year’s festivities though. Ideally, I would like to complete both of these projects before the presentation.

Published inArt TechniqueGenius Hour

Be First to Comment